The SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest and Sweepstakes
To enter the contest and Sweepstakes, go to the Sitka Gear Facebook Page.
The SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest and Sweepstakes
The SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest and Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins on Friday, April 13, 2012, at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on Monday, April 30, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”). By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules.
No purchase necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve chances of winning. This Promotion is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry, except employees of Sponsor, its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, dealers, sales representatives, distributors, advertising agencies, promotional and prize suppliers and the immediate families and household members of each. This Promotion shall only be construed and evaluated according to applicable state and federal law. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and D.C., and where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER.
To enter the Sweepstakes: Go to https://www.facebook.com/SITKA®gear/app_121121694568521, Click "ENTER NOW" and submit your name, contact information and pattern preference should you win.
To enter the SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest: During the Submission Period, send your photo to SitkaDiverge@gmail.com. The Submission Period begins on Friday, April 13, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. EST, and ends on Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST. (See photo rules below to make sure your photo will be considered).
1. All photos must be sent to SitkaDiverge@gmail.com by the end of the Submission Period in order to be considered for the Catalog Photo Contest.
2. Each Entrant may submit no more than three photos.
3. Photos must not include a competitor’s products.
4. “Grip and Grin” photos, defined as photos where a hunter poses with a dead animal on the ground, will not be eligible.
5. Photos must be sent in either .jpg or .tiff format, size 1MB or larger. You must submit the actual image file in the required format, not a link or other type of file. If an image file is not readable, the entry will be disqualified. Electronic files will not be returned and may be retained by Sponsor after the completion of the contest.
6. By entering, you warrant that the photo you submit is original and is your own, and does not infringe on the rights of any third party. You further warrant that your participation in this photo contest does not violate any agreement between you and a third party.
7. By entering the photo contest, you grant Sponsor the non-exclusive right to publish, use, distribute, reproduce and publicly display your photograph, and to create derivative works from your photograph, in perpetuity, in any of its on-line, print or other media publications, materials or exhibitions, for promotion purposes, including but not limited to for editorial, advertising, and publicity, without payment of compensation unless prohibited by law. You grant Sponsor permission to provide your name, and your city and state of residence, when publishing, reproducing or otherwise using your photo and when identifying you as an entrant or prize winner in the photo contest. While Sponsor will make every effort to credit photographers when using photos, there may be circumstances where it is not possible to do so. Subject to the rights granted to SITKA®, you retain all other copyrights and rights to future use of the photographs you enter into the contest.
8. If your photograph(s) include a recognizable person or people, you must secure permission from each person (or in the case of a minor, the minor's parent or guardian) to use his/her image in the photo contest, and present it to Sponsor, if requested. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it finds, in its sole discretion, that an entrant has not secured a necessary release.
9. Any photos containing offensive content will not be eligible. All content must be appropriate for posting on a website that may be viewed by anyone. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered, and will result in disqualification of the photo. Sponsor retains sole discretion to determine what constitutes inappropriate content.
10. Sponsor reserves the right to modify any photo to fit spatial and branding requirements.
3. Judging Criteria, Voting and Winner Selection for the SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest.
25 finalists will be selected by representatives of Sponsor (the “Judges”) from all eligible submissions and displayed in an album on the Sitka Gear Facebook Page. The selection of finalists will be within the discretion of the judges. Judges will select finalists on or about Tuesday, April 24, 2012. Fans may interact with these photos on Facebook, but comments, “Likes,” or shares will not influence the judging process. Entries will be judged on the following criteria – lighting, composition, technical mastery of photographic equipment, emotional impact of the image, artistic quality, originality, and brand representation. The decisions of the judges are final and binding.
B. Selection of the SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Winner
A Winner from among the finalist photos will also be chosen on or about Monday, April 30, 2012 by a panel of 3 Sponsor judges to determine one SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest Winner. The finalist photos will be judged on lighting, composition, technical mastery of photographic equipment, emotional impact of the image, artistic quality, originality, and brand representation. The entrant whose photo is selected by the judges as the SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest Winner will have their photo appear in the 2012 SITKA® Gear Catalog. They will receive a full SITKA® Gear system in their choice of GORE™ OPTIFADE™ Open Country or Forest, to include base layer for top and bottom, an insulation layer for the top, an outer layer for both top and bottom, a hat, gloves, and a pack. Approximate value of the prize package is $1,500.
C. Selection of the SITKA® //DIVERGE// Photo Sweepstakes Winners
On or about Monday, April 30, 2012, five winners will be selected by random drawing from all Sweepstakes entries submitted via the instructions set forth in paragraph 2, above. Each winner will receive a 90% Jacket in a solid color of Sponsor’s choice. Approximate value of each prize is $249.
Approximate cumulative value of all prizes is $2,745.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. Winner Notification / Prize Restrictions
On or about May 1, 2012, winners will be notified by Sponsor using the e-mail address or phone number they provided with their entry. Prize must be claimed within seven (7) days. To claim a prize, Winner must respond to the prize notification e-mail or phone call/message and may be required to provide proof of identity, address and birth date and/or execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release. Prizes not claimed within seven (7) days will be forfeited. Sponsor will select alternate Winners for any unclaimed/forfeited prizes if a sufficient number of eligible and/or qualified entries remain. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. If an entrant changes his/her e-mail address or phone number after he/she enters the Contest, Sweepstakes or any portion of this Promotion, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address listed below, to be received by the end of the Promotion Period. Winners are solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included in the Prize. All federal, state and local taxes are sole responsibility winner. Prizes may not be returned or exchanged for cash. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
5. Web Restrictions
a. This Promotion is not open to competition associations or automated competition entry services. Any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or her Contest entry) who tampers with the entry or voting process. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should fraud, virus, bug or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Proof of entering information on Sponsor’s website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to exclude certain individuals from participating for reasons such as violation of the conditions of participation, duplicate participation, attempted manipulation of the Promotion or its voting processes, and reserves the right to take legal action.
6. General Conditions.
All entrants agree that Sponsor may, without permission or additional compensation, publish, display and otherwise use their name, likeness and submitted materials, if any, for promotional purposes.
Entrants hereby declare that they agree to the collection of all data by Sponsor required for the implementation and administration of this competition and its storage for the entire duration of the competition. The data is stored by North Social (NorthSocial.com). The data will be handled in total confidence and not transmitted to a third party. All Entrants have the right to request information about the use of any personal data concerning them. Sponsor undertakes to supply them at any time upon request with full information on the stored data free of charge, if they are the subject of such information. Entrants are simply required to send an e-mail to SITKA®email@example.com. All Entrants are also free to revoke their consent to the use and storage of their personal data by Sponsor, simply by sending an informal e-mail to SITKA®firstname.lastname@example.org. The data can also be rectified in the same way. In case of revocation, the data shall be immediately deleted. The revocation and subsequent deletion will be confirmed by e-mail upon request. Should the revocation intervene prior to the end of the competition, all further participation in the “SITKA® //Diverge// Photo Contest" is excluded.
This Promotion is not associated with Facebook in any way whatsoever and is in no way Sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook. Facebook is not responsible for any content published within the context of this action. It is not Facebook, but Sponsor, who receives the information supplied by Entrants. The data supplied will be used for contact purposes in the event of a winner and for subscription to the SITKA® Dispatch Newsletter. Sponsor holds Facebook harmless from any recourse by third parties in connection with this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints against the action are not to be addressed to Facebook, but to Sponsor by writing to email@example.com.
Participation in this Promotion and/or entering the SITKA® //DIVERGE// Photo Contest and Sweepstakes is considered a complete release of Facebook by each Entrant.
Should any of the stipulations in the conditions of participation be or become invalid, the remaining conditions of participation shall continue to apply with full force and effect. In its place an appropriate provision shall enter into force, corresponding to the closest purpose of the ineffective provision.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the SITKA® //DIVERGE// Photo Contest and Sweepstakes. Such cancellation can occur in situations, but is not limited to these situations, where the smooth running of the competition can no longer be guaranteed for technical or legal reasons.
7. Limitation On Liability.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for: (1) misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, delayed, undelivered, damaged or illegible entries, and all such entries will be void; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; or (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Governing Law.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Delaware without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the state of Delaware.
9. Official Rules and Winners List Requests:
For a copy of these Official Rules or a list of the names of the winners, send your written request to: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. at 555 Papermill Road, Newark, DE, 19711.
Sponsor: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.,
555 Papermill Road
Newark, DE 19711
© Copyright 2012 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved. GORE®, GORE-TEX®, SITKA®, OPTIFADE™ and designs are trademarks of W. L. Gore & Associates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.