SITKA® Gear Footwear Product Line Manager-180978
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Best-known as the manufacturer of GORE-TEX® fabrics for garments and footwear, Gore manufactures a wide range of high-performance fabrics engineered to protect wearers in demanding environments—from explorers on the North Pole to firefighters, soldiers, and emergency workers.
Sitka Gear, a subsidiary of Gore, designs and manufactures one of the fastest-growing brand of pinnacle performance hunting and archery gear. We are looking for a Footwear Product Line Manager to join the Sitka Gear team in Bozeman, MT.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will drive the strategy, creation, positioning, and profitability of a multiple product line category. You will use your experience in and knowledge of strategy. You will partner with a category marketing associate to become the core of a merchant team for this category of hunting gear. This team will provide the direction and focus of our product driven organization within the category by exercising sound analysis and judgment, influencing the thinking of others, and managing relationships with our key vendors and other associates to creation of the best hunting apparel in the world.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced and passionate outdoor activity participant
- Have experience in, and excitement for, the development of innovative high-performance footwear.
- Have a passion and discipline to ensure that new products perform the first time and every time
- Be skilled at integrating a diverse group of participants and contributors into a cohesive team focused upon achieving a singular objective
Required Job Qualifications:
- Developing Sitka’s global footwear category product strategy
- Leading the execution of the product strategy which delivers profitable revenue growth, market leadership and being the reference brand for performance hunting apparel
- This includes:
- Accountability for developing and maintaining the product and collection strategy
- Responsibility for the Fitness For Use (FFU) of all products in the category
- Establishing pricing for products which includes meeting product costing expectations of categories
- Driving product positioning by market/channel and partnering with the Product Experience Communication team to ensure a successful product launch plan
- Successfully integrating the team (technology/product development, sales/marketing, and operations) to meet product category objectives and ensure clarity of product decision making and accountability for product performance
Desired Job Qualifications:
- A minimum 5 years of footwear product management experience, which can include previous experience in a footwear product development role
- Passion for innovative footwear and accessories
- Demonstrated experience leveraging market research, opportunity assessment tools, project reviews, and stage-gate development processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of product line management, product life cycle, and multiple season product development processes
- Ability to build strong relationships and get things done in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Adapt and rapidly change direction/approach when necessary
- Effectively collaborate internally and externally
- Navigate early-stage development when working with limited data
- Maintain schedules and deadlines
- Work reliably with remote team members
- Work reliably and effectively without outside contractors
- Experience leading projects from ideation through launch
- Excellent teaming, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Prior involvement in product costing and cost modeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Creative, proven self-starter
- Must be willing to relocate to Bozeman, Montana
- Ability to travel up to 40% mostly internationally
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in the Outdoor or Hunting Industry
- Working knowledge and drawing proficiency including Illustrator, Solid Works, and/or Rhino
- Experience with navigating and implementing sustainability initiatives
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)