The safety, health, and well-being of our Associates, candidates, customers and communities continues to be a top priority. Learn more about hiring at SITKA & Gore during this time.
SITKA® Gear Merchandise & Sales Planning Leader-201314
Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More
About the Industry:
Gore’s pioneering contributions to the science of comfort and protection create fabrics for a range of activities and conditions. Learn More
We are looking for a Merchandise & Sales Planning Leader who enables the brand to drive profitable sales and margin through the creation and maintenance of merchandise and sales plans, open-to-buy strategies, inventory flow, inventory control, promotional and clearance strategies to join our team in Bozeman, Montana. Building strong partnership with various leaders within the organization (Product, Marketing, Digital & Wholesale Sales) will be crucial to producing plans to drive financial goals. The Merchandise & Sales Planning Leader will play a key-role in the inventory governance process and, informed by the annual merchandise financial plan, will be responsible to manage the overall stock position and deliver against the revenue plan.
- Leading and establishing best-in-class Merchandising & Sales Planning process and team fully aligned with our overall brand strategy, purpose-led positioning and with the seasonal merchandising strategy in strong relationship with brand GTM calendar to ensure seamless execution and strong accelerated growth
- Working in partnership with finance, commercial leader, and category marketing on the development of yearly and seasonal merchandise financial plans across Revenue, COGS, Discounts, Margins, ASP and Units
- Managing monthly Open-to-Buy process and report out on key metrics such as sales, turns, stock cover, and inventory aging
- Partnering with GTM team to develop the channel merchandise long-range planning in alignment with the brand overarching strategy and financial expectations
- Setting elevated standards of merchandise / assortment / sales management processes with focus on ongoing performance optimization across all channels
- Optimizing ways of working by contributing in setting up new processes, tools and reports
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related field
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in Merchandise and Sales Planning within the branded apparel industry
- At least 3 years of previous leadership experience; having direct responsibility for driving performance and development initiatives
- Deep understanding of the fast-paced retail environment and merchandising success factors on direct-to-consumer platforms
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding business- and financial acumen, consumer-first, data savvy and brand-driven mindset
- Highly performance driven and result-oriented team player who is getting things done, high maturity in managing organizational complexity and effective communication
- Strategic and operational decision-making
- At least 5 years of experience with planning and ERP software
- Design, development, and implementation of new processes or systems specific to Merchandise and/or Sales Planning
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)