SITKA Gear Career Opportunities
SITKA® Gear National Account Manager-161649
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Best-known as the manufacturer of GORE-TEX® fabrics for garments and footwear, Gore manufactures a wide range of high-performance fabrics engineered to protect wearers in demanding environments—from explorers on the North Pole to firefighters, soldiers, and emergency workers. We are looking for a National Accounts Manager to join our Sitka Gear team in Bozeman, Montana.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we’re looking for you. In this role, you will be a part of the hunting industry’s fastest growing brand of technical and performance apparel. You will be responsible for positively and professionally promoting the Sitka Gear brand and products to national retail customers and be the primary contact for customers while executing the day-to-day selling responsibilities. You’ll lead profitable growth and development of accounts, and increase account penetration in an effort to maximize sales potential and expansion. You will also be responsible for contributing to the strategic direction and product development for the National Accounts market channel. This role has accountability for evaluating, summarizing and communicating key learnings, competitive activity and trends, which will be incorporated into overall strategies and activities within the Sitka Gear business objectives.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for hunting, the job, and company success
- Desire to work hard and play hard
- Have a strong sense of urgency and customer focus
- Setting and reaching sales goals, margin targets, and sell-through for a small number of large strategic accounts
- Developing and implementing strategic account plans, including long-term winning account strategies, retailer training, objectives, and opportunities
- Establishing metrics to gauge progress compared to stated objectives used as the basis for internal and external periodic reviews
- Maintaining deep and broad knowledge of the strategic accounts business, so as to be able to create exceptional value for it (including an exceptional understanding of the strategic accounts’ strategies, positioning to consumers, and the priorities of various purchase decision-makers)
- Influencing cross-functionally and closely coordinating with Marketing, Sales, and Product Teams to develop product ranges, merchandising solutions and agreements that uniquely build Sitka’s ability to succeed with the strategic account
- Maximizing sustainable and quality sell-through within the channel to drive the business
- Turning complex internal product/ business strategies into clear and concise account strategies
- Establishing clear sales-call objectives and documenting trip and call reports in CRM
- Following through on commitments to customers and internal teams
- Preparing analyses and reports that forecast, monitor, and analyze sales activity and trends
- Assessing product and customer performance and profitability, as well as market risks and opportunities
- Striving for a high degree of forecast accuracy to ensure the supply chain is closely connecting the retailer’s forecast to inventory through premise based forecasting
- Leading the development and execution of account specific marketing initiatives
Required Job Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree OR 10 years equivalent business experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales and merchandising experience successfully selling and positioning premium-priced technical products in a consumer-related outdoor industry
- Proven track record developing deep and comprehensive customer, competitor, and market knowledge, leveraging it for the company’s advantage
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work successfully in a team environment by leading, motivating, and influencing others
- Find the proper balance between championing the customer needs internally and representing Sitka’s needs to the customer externally
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, to maximize influence, negotiation, and selling capabilities
- Exhibit strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Uncover, develop, and win complex opportunities in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows-based PC, MS Office, and CRM software
- A strong sense of urgency and customer focus
- Relocate to Bozeman, Montana
- Influence key internal and external stakeholders to drive sales opportunities to completion while successfully developing lasting relationships within multiple levels of customer organizations
- Travel up to 50% with seasonal travel higher around January, June, and October
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.